VFW offers three types of membership:
Each of these membership types have unique eligibility requirements, member Benefits / privileges and Certain restrictions.
Why become a Member in the first place?
What follows are just a few Reasons to Join the VFW:
- Availability of the expert help of State and National V.F.W. Service Officers, as well as the Service Officer in your own Post, if you should need hospital care, educational, pension or other
benefits for which you may wish to file a claim.
- V.F.W. help in protecting existing veteran benefits that you now receive, or that you may be entitled to in the future, through the effort of our V.F.W. National Legislative Service in
Washington, D.C. and your own V.F.W. State Legislative Committee.
- An opportunity to take an active part in The patriotic, community service, and youth activity programs sponsored and Supported by your V.F.W. Post .
- An opportunity to become an officer of your Post, thereby developing your talents as a competent public speaker and respected civic leader in your community.
- Satisfaction in knowing that you are supporting an organization that fights for maximum defense and security of our country.
- Free admission of your children to the V.F.W. National Home in Eaton Rapids, Michigan, in the event of your death, with complete assurance that they will have every opportunity to grow up
as proud, healthy and educated citizens.
- Receiving the V.F.W. Magazine, the State V.F.W. newspaper, and the Post newsletter bimonthly, which keeps you informed on all matters pertaining to your status as a veteran and subjects
close to your heart as a patriotic American.
- Multiple Insurance plans sponsored by the VFW including our $1,000 Personal Accident Protection offered to all VFW members in good standing.
- VFW Approved Prescription Drug and Vitamin (VFW BeneVets Card) Program.
- Newest Member Benefits - Discounted Merchandise and Buying Program and VFW Travel Services (Non-Insurance VFW Benefits).
- Social functions hosted by the Post or District. Activities for yourself as well as members of your family at a minimal cost.
- The feeling of true comradeship that exists only among veterans who served overseas in time of war.
- The opportunity for your wife, daughter, granddaughter, mother or sister to join the Ladies Auxiliary, which works hand-in-hand with Post members in all V.F.W. functions and programs.
For additional information regarding eligibility or to join our post, please contact us at: RickOlson@carlislevfw.com or: 717-258-4412.